Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Please say a prayer

I was driving home last night from work.  I was in the middle of the road when I was surpised to see in my right side a man flying through the air, maybe 10 feet into the air.  Literally flying like a rag doll.  He landed on the concrete just a mere 15 feet from my car!  I think he was trying to cross the street when the vehicle that struck him appeared out of nowhere!  The impact was so strong that the hood of the vehicle looked like it hit an electric post!  How could a human body withstand such impact!

The irony of it all, the car that struck him was a...police car driven by a policeman.  The policeman got off his car, approached the victim, looked at him, then casually went back to his car.  The people who witnessed the accident had the sense to surround the police car to prevent him from escaping.  Some of the people prevented others from touching the victim, while others simply could not stand it and touched the victim.

I had to bear the sight of the man as he tried to move but he just slumped and......died right in front of me.  Don't ask me for the details.  I can be very graphic when it comes to descriptions and story telling.
I was shocked at everything that I witnessed that I was not able to drive my car for 5 minutes.  I just froze.

The important thing that we have to do is...

Pray that none of us will have to undergo such tragedy...

Please pray for the man's soul.  May he rest in the peace of the Lord.

Pray for his family.  Pray for the family of the deceased.

Pray for me, too.  I had a hard time sleeping last night.  I wake up almost every hour.

***
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae,
vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra, salve.
ad te clamamus
exsules filii Hevae,
ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
in hac lacrimarum valle.
Eia, ergo, advocata nostra, illos tuos
misericordes oculos ad nos converte;
et Jesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui,
nobis post hoc exsilium ostende.
O clemens, O pia, O dulcis Virgo Maria.

2 comments: