Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rules of living one's Christian life

I have read this before but I myself wonder why I haven't shared it to my TPC readers.  My bad.

This is an excellent way to live one's life in a more profound witnessing to one's calling as a Christian.  Suggestions which we can take to heart.

I share to you the Ten Rules of Life of the Servant of God, Cardinal François-Xavier Nguyễn Văn Thuận.

He suffered greatly from the persecutions of the Communists. An interesting anecdote...The pectoral cross that he wore until his death was one that he made with two small pieces of wood when he was in jail; he protected the cross hiding it in a piece of soap so that his jailers would not confiscate it; when he was freed, he covered the wooden cross with a coat of metal.




You can read the colorful life of this great cardinal by clicking here and here


Ten Rules of Life 


I will live the present moment to the fullest.
I will discern between God and God’s works.
I will hold firmly to one secret: prayer.
I will see in the Holy Eucharist my only power.
I will have only one wisdom: the science of the Cross.
I will remain faithful to my mission in the Church and for the Church as a witness of Jesus Christ.
I will seek the peace the world cannot give.
I will carry out a revolution by renewal in the Holy Spirit.
I will speak one language and wear one uniform: Charity.
I will have one very special love: The Blessed Virgin Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment